But that is "now", and what Thom and I are concerned about is "then". The "then" is our chase trip, which is now scheduled 18 May through 1 June for me (although Thom comes back about five days before).
We will now begin updating this page with the prospects.
Some equipment updates:
- we'll still be using Mobile Threatnet, despite its coarse composite radar plots, because it is continuously available;
- we're hoping GRLevel3 and, perhaps, GRLevel2 will be our chief source of radar information...I've updated the former with high resolution easier to read map backgrounds;
- I've updated the wireless capability with a 4G/3G five connection hotspot...yes, most places don't have even 3G service, but it will allow us fast update times along the major interstates;
- I've updated the windshield cam with the new Contour+ point of view (POV) camera. Last year's POV footage was wonderful. We'll just have to remember to keep the car pointed at something of interest. This camera has a 170 degree field of view and is nearly fully rotatable.
- We've prereserved a Chevy Equinox Cross-Over...it was really a wonderful car last year (let's hope Hertz doesn't pull a switch on us)...and I got most of it paid for with my airline miles.